Monday, March 25, 2013

Gratitude Journal #181

Today, I am grateful for snow that so far hasn't hampered travel for anyone I know. As you can see in the background of the picture, our roads are clear. But the trees are simply gorgeous!


If you're dealing with snow at its most annoyingly problematic, I'm very sorry and will cheerfully point out the best thing about snow: IT MELTS. Eventually.

Today, I am grateful for Holy Week, for the mixture of the sadness and the celebration. Pastor Suzanne's sermon yesterday touched on this fact of life, how our happiest times are touched by sadness and our saddest times are touched by joy. I think it's good not to get tunnel vision on one or the other.

Today, I am grateful for a new app on my iPhone. It's called Finish, and it was developed by two high-school students who noticed how they and so many of their friends were struggling to get all their studying finished for exams. Finish is an awesome app, and I absolutely fell for the victorious sound it makes when you check a task as finished. Such a stupid little sound, but so motivating! The app even gives you little victory messages as you finish a certain number of tasks. This is technology at its most useful, and I highly recommend you check it out!

And on the subject of iPhones, I had to replace mine because it never hooked up to wifi in my house unless I stood next to the wifi box, which was not helpful as that box is in a corner room in the basement. The new phone works fine, and I'm falling in love with the iPhone all over again. So today, I am also grateful for iPhones.

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Susan, I was just thinking about a couple of things I'm grateful for and realized - it's Monday!! I wonder what Susan is grateful for today :). I like your pastor's message - good thoughts.

    A moment ago, I was made especially aware that I am ever grateful to have a daughter with a good disposition. She can have her moments of course, but right now she has ice on a sore ankle and her TPA broke so I'm sure that's uncomfortable, and still she is in a good mood, smiling and telling me stories from her day!

    I will look into the Finish app -- I just started using the Notes on my iPhone and have found it is a great supplement on sleep-deprived, Swiss-cheese-memory days! I love the little click, click, click as I delete completed tasks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!